There is a craze that has hit the Keto/Low Carb world this month – Chaffles! Cheese Waffles. Often made in a mini Dash waffle iron because that is the exact size of a bun, these little fellas are sturdy and have quickly become a game changer for this way of eating.
Ours was delivered from Amazon last evening and, since it was after dinner, we made dessert. Then we tried the standard recipe this morning, and for lunch made a ham sandwich. All were wonderful and this has quickly become the answer to so many needs: the need for something quick and easy when too tired to cook, sandwiches, easy travel meals, a quick off-the-cuff dessert etc.
The Basic Recipe
1/4 cup of your choice of cheese
- Whisk the egg
- Take 1/4 of the cheese and lay it on the hot griddle
- Pour half the egg on
- Add 1/4 of the cheese to the top
- A few moments later you will have a chaffle – repeat the 4 steps to make the second one and done!
Ham Sandwich Recipe
This was my first sandwich recipe – you are limited only by your imagination and the ability to search online.
- I changed up the cheese for Pepper Jack
- 1 tbsp of whey protein isolate added a bready tecture
- Once the Chaffles were made, then all I had to do was add mayo, a tomato and the ham. There are so many options!!!
3 Tbsp monkfruit/or erithrytol
1/4 tsp maple extract
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c mozzarella or you can use cream cheese (I soften it a little)
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp choc chips.
- Whisk the egg
- Add everything EXCEPT coconut flour& choc chips
- Add coconut flour
- Whisk well
- Fold in chocolate chips
Be careful not to overfill the Dash – I did as it was my first time and I had everything seeping out. However, not big deal, just not as pretty. Tasted great and even better left over today!
Once again, it is all about your imagination. However, there is now a fantastic group on Facebook that is loaded with ideas: Keto ChaffleHouse