The mornings are getting cooler and my desire for a coffee shop java chocolate drink has been knocking at my cravings’ door.
This can be tweaked (and should be!) in so many ways, but here is one to start with:
- Heat the following
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of water (or coffee for a strong java flavor, almond milk, or coconut milk)
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- sweeten to taste (I use a bit over a tbs of Lokanto Monk Fruit)
- Optional: 1 tbs of butter / 1 tbs of collagen / several drops of coffee flavor / vanilla extract / MCT oil — there are so many things you can do!
- Blend in an immersion blender, Magic Bullet or something similar.
- Top with whipped cream and cocoa nibs!