I found this surprisingly simple and tasty gem on Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen blog.
- 1 large spaghetti squash peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4- 6 small cans of tuna in water (not oil), drained
- 1- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 – 1 stick of butter
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning (surprisingly good!)
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese (I used a high quality cheese)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut, peel, and chop the spaghetti squash and put in the bottom of crockpot
- Slice butter and cream cheese and place on top
- Add seasonings
- Allow to cook for a couple of hours on low
- Stir to break apart the spaghetti squash
- Add the drained cans of tuna
- Allow to cook an hour more or two until the squash is completely cooked
- 30 to 40 minutes before you eat place grated cheese on top and cover
The hardest part of this crock pot wonder is peeling the spaghetti squash. If you are smart, ask the folks in the grocery deli department to peel it for you.
If you really want to try for yourself:
The Jazzy Gourmet has a neat video on how she does it with a butternut squash. I basically did the same with this one.
It wasn’t pretty, but somehow I made it through.
This is a Trim Healthy Mama (S) meal.