If you are craving chocolate, a quick, easy, and healthy option is the Muffin in a Mug version from Trim Healthy Mama. After our dinner this evening, it truly hit the spot and took no time at all to prepare. This was our first experience and wow!
- You put an egg in a tall mug and whisk it well, then add…
- 2 tbs of golden flax meal
- 2 heaping tbs of Hershey’s 100% cocoa
- 4 tsp of your sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- stir – it takes a bit of doing!
- 40 seconds in the microwave
- get a plate out and hold the mug upside down over it, then give it a good smack on its bottom
There you go – a VERY chocolate yumminess. You may want to put it in a bowl with coconut milk or cream or add fruit. Whatever you do… it will only enhance the goodness.
- Page 256-257 in the book